VJ Books Presents Blake Crouch!
Blake Crouch was born near Statesville, North Carolina in 1978. He attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and graduated in 2000 with degrees in English and Creative Writing. He has sold over a million books and his work has been translated into more than twenty languages.
His first two novels, Desert Places and Locked Doors, were published in 2004 and 2005. Beginning in late 2005, and inspired by his relocation to Durango, Colorado, he researched and wrote a book set in the past and present in a remote mining town high in the San Juan Mountains. The resulting novel, Abandon, was published in 2009, and was an IndieBound Notable Selection.
Blake's short fiction has appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, Thriller 2, and other anthologies, including Shivers IV from Cemetery Dance. In 2009, he co-wrote Serial with J.A. Konrath, which has been downloaded over 350,000 times and topped the Kindle bestseller list for 4 weeks. That story and Abandon, have also been optioned for film.
In 2013, his novel Pines was nominated for ITW's Best Paperback Original Thriller Award, and his Wayward Pines series is currently in production as a FOX event series for 2015, directed by M. Night Shyamalan and starring Matt Dillon, Juliette Lewis, Melissa Leo and Terrence Howard.
Blake lives in Colorado.
USA Network Acquires Blake Crouch's Abandon!
Sci-Fi - Making our World Seem a Little Less Scary
Blake Crouch Bibliography
Desert Places - 2004
- Locked Doors - 2005
- Abandon - 2009
- Serial - 2009*
- Famous - 2010
- Snowbound - 2010
- Draculas (with J.A. Konrath, Jeff Strand, & F. Paul Wilson) - 2010
- Run - 2011
- Killers Uncut (with Jack Kilborn & J.A. Konrath) - 2011
- Serial Killers Uncut (with Jack Kilborn & J.A. Konrath) - 2011
- Stirred (with J.A. Konrath) - 2011
- Eerie (with Jordan Crouch) - 2012
- Dark Matter - 2016
Wayward Pines Thrillers
- Pines - 2012
- Wayward - 2013
- The Last Town - 2014
Short Stories, Novellas, and Collections
- "Shining Rock" - 2009
- "Remaking" - 2009
- "On the Good, Red Road" = 2009
- "*69" - 2009
- "Four Live Rounds: Collected Stories" - 2010
- "Serial Uncut" - 2010
- "Perfect Little Town" - 2010
- "The Newton Boys' Last Photograph" - 2010
- "Serial" - 2010
- "Six in the Cylinder: Collected Stories" - 2011
- "Full Loaded: Complete, Collected Stories" - 2011
- "The Meteorologist" - 2011
- "Unconditional" - 2011
- "Break You" - 2011
- "Killers" - 2011
- "The Pain of Others" - 2011
- "Birds of Prey" - 2011
- "Hunting Season" - 2011
*Also available in a Norwood Press Limited Edition
Go to top of page