VJ Books Features C.J. Box!
C.J. Box is the New York Times bestselling author of fifteen novels including the Joe Pickett series. He won the Edgar Alan Poe Award for Best Novel (Blue Heaven, 2009) as well as the Anthony Award, Prix Calibre 38 (France), the Macavity Award, the Gumshoe Award, the Barry Award, and the 2010 Mountains & Plains Independent Booksellers Association Award for fiction. His short stories have been featured in America’s Best Mystery Stories of 2006 and limited-edition printings. 2008 novel Blood Trail was nominated for the International IMPAC Dublin (Ireland) Literary Award. The novels have been translated into 25 languages. Blue Heaven and Nowhere to Run have been optioned for film.
Box is a Wyoming native and has worked as a ranch hand, surveyor, fishing guide, a small town newspaper reporter and editor, and he co-owns an international tourism marketing firm with his wife Laurie. In 2008, Box was awarded the "BIG WYO" Award from the state tourism industry. An avid outdoorsman, Box has hunted, fished, hiked, ridden, and skied throughout Wyoming and the Mountain West. He served on the Board of Directors for the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo. They have three daughters. He lives in Wyoming.
Two new novels are scheduled for release in 2013. Breaking Point (a Joe Pickett novel) in March and The Highway (a stand-alone novel) in July.
Make sure you don't miss his new releases! Sign up for our Book Club.
To see C.J. Box's bibliography, click here or scroll to the bottom of the page.
C.J. Box Bibliography
Joe Pickett Series
1. Open Season - 2001
2. Savage Run - 2002
3. Winterkill - 2003
4. Trophy Hunt - 2004
5. Out of Range - 2005
6. In Plain Sight - 2006
7. Free Fire - 2007
8. Blood Trail - 2008
9. Below Zero - 2009
10. Nowhere to Run - 2010
11. Cold Wind - 2011
12. Force of Nature - 2012
13. Breaking Point - 2013
Stand Alone Novels
· Blue Heaven - 2008
· Three Weeks to Say Goodbye - 2009
· Back of Beyond - 2011
· The Highway - 2013
· Dull Knife / Intro By Ken Bruen -2005
· The Master Falconer / Intro by T. Jefferson Parker - 2006
· Le Sauvage Noble / Intro by James Crumley - 2007
· Pirates of Yellowstone, Meeting Across The River - 2005
· Pirates of Yellowstone, The Best American Mystery Stories - 2006
· Perfectly Grimm, Once Upon A Crime - 2009
· Every Day Is A Good Day On The River, Hook, Line, and Sinister - 2010
· The End of Jim and Ezra, Damn Near Dead II / Geezer Noir - 2010
· Pronghorns of the Third Reich - 2011
Blame it on Rancho Deluxe, West of 98: Living and Writing in the New American West - 2011
Go to top of page