VJ Books Presents Larry Bond!
Larry Bond is an accomplished author with numerous novels to his credit, including Dangerous Ground, Day of Wrath, The Enemy Within, Cauldron, Vortex, and Red Phoenix. He also co-authored Red Storm Rising with Tom Clancy.
Graduating from St. Thomas College, St. Paul, Minnesota in 1973 with a degree in Quantitative Methods, Larry worked first as a computer programmer for two years before being selected for Officer Candidate School in Newport, Rhode Island. He was sworn into the Navy in 1975 and graduated from OCS the following year.
Larry was in the Navy for six years, serving four on a destroyer and two on shore duty in the Washington DC area. He served in the reserves for two years with the Naval Reserve Intelligence Program. After leaving the Navy he worked as a naval analyst for defense consulting firms in the Washington, DC area.
Larry's writing career started by collaborating with Tom Clancy on Red Storm Rising, a runaway New York Times bestseller that was one of the best-selling books of the 1980s. It depicted a hypothetical conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, drawing heavily on current analysis of what such a conflict would be like. It has been used as a text at the Naval War College and similar institutions.
Since then, Larry’s books have depicted military and political crises, emphasizing accuracy and fast-paced action. Red Phoenix, Vortex, and Cauldron were all New York Times bestsellers. Red Phoenix was set in South Korea and depicted an invasion of the south instigated by the North Korean government. Vortex told the story of a reactionary Afrikaner government trying to roll back the clock in South Africa. Cauldron showed a financial crisis in Europe that grew out of control, leading to a military confrontation between France, Germany and the United States. He also wrote a novella titled Lashup, which appeared in Steven Coonts’ anthology Combat, as well as several published short stories. He is presently working on several new book projects.
Larry is an avid wargamer and modeler. He lives with his wife Jeanne and daughters Katie and Julia in Virginia outside Washington DC and now writes and designs games full-time.
His website: www.larry-bond.com
To see Larry Bonds' bibliography, click here or scroll to the bottom of the page.
Larry Bond Bibliography
First Team Series (with Jim DeFelice)
First team (2004)
Angels of Wrath (2006)
Fires of War (2006)
Soul of the Assassin (2007)
Red Dragon Rising (with Jim DeFelice)
- Red Dragon Rising: Shadows of War (2009)
- Red Dragon Rising: Edge of War (2010)
- Red Dragon Rising: Shock of War (2012)
- Red Storm Rising (1986) with Tom Clancy
- Battles of the Thrid World War (1987)
- Red Phoenix (1989)
- Vortex (1991) with Pat Larkin
- Cauldron (1993) with Pat Larkin
- The Enemy Within (1995) with Pat Larkin
- Day of Wrath (1998) with Pat Larkin
- Dangerous Ground (2005) with Chris Carlson
Cold Choices (2009) with Chris Carlson
Exit Plan (May 2012)
- "Lashup" in Stephen Coonts' Combat (2001) (with Dale Brown and David Hagberg)
- "Expert Advice" in David Copperfield's Tales of the Impossible
- "Burial at Sea" in Tombs
- The Mighty Fallen: Our Nation's Greatest War Memorials (2007)
- Crash Dive: A Collection of Submarine Stories (2010)
Anthologies Containing Stories by Larry Bond
- David Copperfield's Tales of the Impossible (1995)
- Tombs (1995)
- Burial at Sea (1995) (with Chris Carlsen)
- Expert Advice (1995)
Go to top of page