- "Got my book quickly and it was in exquisite condition which exceeded my expectations." - B.
- "Thank you very much. You seem like an excellent company and I will recommend you to everyone I know that likes books."
- "Five stars to you for promptness, A+ condition, packaging and thorough description of your book. It is a pleasure doing business with you!" - C.
- "I'm absolutely thrilled with the way you handled my account. Your valuable and thoughtful support is immensely appreciated. All my books have arrived beautifully packaged and preserved ready to join my collection; it's been a pleasure." - Cee Read more here
Linda Fairstein is the internationally best-selling author of a series of
crime novels featuring Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper. The
novels draw on Fairstein's legal expertise as well as her knowledge of
and affection for the rich history of the city of New York.
Fairstein (born 1947) is one of America's foremost legal experts on crimes of violence against women and children. She served as head of the sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office from 1976 until 2002 and is the author of a series of novels featuring Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper.
Ms. Fairstein is an honors graduate of Vassar College (1969) and the University of Virginia School of Law (1972). She joined the Manhattan District Attorney's office in 1972 as an Assistant District Attorney. She was promoted to the head of the sex crimes unit in 1976.
During her tenure, she prosecuted several highly publicized cases, including the "Preppy Murder" case against Robert Chambers in 1986. Ms. Fairstein's office supervised the prosecution of the Central Park Jogger case in 1989, which ended in the conviction of five teenagers. Their convictions were vacated, and this ruling was upheld by the New York Supreme Court on appeal.
Linda Fairstein left the District Attorney's office in 2002, and has continued to consult, write, lecture and serve as a sex crimes expert for a wide variety of print and television media outlets, including CNN, MSNBC, and Larry King, among others. Ms. Fairstein is often called to provide her opinion on high profile prosecutions including: Michael Jackson's molestation charges in 2004, Kobe Bryant's sexual assault charges, and Scott Peterson's trial. She is also a frequent speaker on issues surrounding domestic abuse.
She lives with her husband in Manhattan and on Martha's Vineyard.
To see Linda Fairstein's bibliography, click here or scroll to the bottom of the page.
Linda Fairstein Bibliography
Alex Cooper Series
1. Final Jeopardy (1994) 2. Likely to Die (1997) 3. Cold Hit (1999) 4. The Deadhouse (2001) 5. The Bone Vault (2003) 6. The Kills (2004) 7. Entombed (2005) 8. Death Dance (2006) 9. Bad Blood (2007) 10. Killer Heat (2008) 11. Lethal Legacy (2009) 12. Hell Gate (2010) 13. Silent Mercy (2011) Final Jeopardy / Likely to Die (omnibus) (2004) Cold Hit / The Deadhouse (omnibus) (2005) 14. Night Watch (2012) 15. Death Angel (2013)
I'd Kill for That (2004) (with Rita Mae Brown, Jennifer Crusie, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Kay Hooper, Katherine Neville, Anne Perry, Kathy Reichs, Julie Smith and Tina Wainscott)
Sexual Violence: Our War Against Rape (1993) The Best American Crime Reporting 2007 (2007) (with Otto Penzler)