VJ Books Presents Author Karin Slaughter!
Karin Slaughter grew up in a small south Georgia town and has been writing novels and
short stories since she was a child. She debuted with her novel
Blindsighted in 2001, becoming an international success and making the Dagger Award shortlist for "Best Thriller Debut" of 2001. Published in 36 languages, with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her sixteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated Cop Town and the instant New York Times bestselling novel Pretty Girls..
Slaughter is best known for her Grant County series which is set in the fictional town of Heartsdale, Georgia, (in the fictional Grant County). The narrative takes place from the perspective of three main characters: Sara Linton, the town's pediatrician and part-time coroner; her ex-husband, Jeffrey Tolliver, who is chief of police; and his subordinate, detective Lena Adams, Slaughter's most controversial character.
The Will Trent series, which takes place in Atlanta, features special Agent Will Trent with the GBI and his partner Faith Mitchell. In summer 2009, Undone (called "Genesis" in the UK and elsewhere) merged the Grant County series with the Will Trent series.
The 11th annual Crimezone Thriller Awards brought an unprecedented fifth win for #1 international bestseller Karin Slaughter. About 10,000 crime writers, publishers, reviewers, and readers voted and her novel, Unseen, took the prize for Best Foreign Thriller of 2013.
Her Will Trent series, Grant County series and standalone novel Cop Town are all in development for film and television.
She currently resides in Georgia.
Karin Slaughter is honored as Author of the Month at VJ Books
Go to top of page
Karin Slaughter Bibliography
Grant County Series
Blindsighted - 2001
- Kisscut - 2002
- A Faint Cold Fear - 2003
- Indelible - 2004
- Faithless - 2005
- Beyond Reach/Skin Privilege - 2007
Will Trent Series
- Triptych - 2006
- Fractured - 2008
- Undone - 2009
- Broken - 2010
- Fallen - 2011
- Snatched - 2012
- Criminal - 2012
- Busted - 2012
- Unseen - 2013
- The Kept Woman - 2016
- The Last Widow - August 2019
- Like a Charm (editor) - 2004
- Martin Misunderstood - 2008
- Thorn in My Side (eBook Novella) - 2011
- Cop Town - 2014
- Pretty Girls - 2015
- The Good Daughter - August 2017
- Pieces of Her - July 2018
- Cleaning the Gold - January 2020 (with Lee Child)
Karin Slaughter Awards
- 2007 - Untouchable - Crime Zone Thriller Awards
- 2009 - Splintered - Crime Zone Thriller Awards
- 2011 - Fallen - Crime Zone Thriller Awards
- 2013 - Unseen - Crime Zone Thriller Awards Best Foreign Thriller
- 2013 - Edgar Award for Best Short Story for her story “The Unremarkable Heart” which was published in the United States by Mulholland Books/Little, Brown as part of a collection called VENGEANCE, produced by Mystery Writers of America and edited by Lee Child.
Go to top of page