VJ Books Presents Author Lisa Unger!
Lisa Unger was born (April 26, 1970) in New Haven, Connecticut but grew up in the Netherlands, England, New Jersey and New York, where she graduated from the New School for Social Research. Unger is an award-winning New York Times and international bestselling author. Her novels have sold millions of copies in the U.S. and have been translated into 26 different languages.
Her writing has been hailed as "masterful" (St. Petersburg Times), "sensational" (Publishers Weekly) and "sophisticated" (New York Daily News) with "gripping narrative and evocative, muscular prose" (Associated Press). Additional accolades include selections as a finalist for International Thriller Writers Best Novel Award, a winner of the Florida Book Awards, a finalist for Prix Polar International Award, Bookspan's International Book of the Month, and a Target "Emerging Author."
Unger lives in the Tampa Bay area of Florida with her husband and daughter.
Lisa Unger Bibliography
Angel Fire - 2002
- The Darkness Gathers - 2003
- Twice - 2004
- Smoke - 2005
- Beautiful Lies - 2006
- Sliver of Truth - 2007
- Black Out - 2008
- Die for You - 2009
- Fragile - 2010
- Darkness My Old Friend - 2011
- Heartbroken - 2013
- In the Blood - 2014
- Crazy for You - 2015
- Ink and Bone - 2016
- The Red Hunter - 2017
- Under My Skin - September 2018
Eloise Montgomery Series
- The Whispers - 2014
- The Burning Girl - 2014
- The Three Sisters - 2015
Lisa Unger Awards
- In the Blood was chosen as an INDIE NEXT pick and Amazon.com Editors’ Pick – Best Books of the Month: Mystery, Thriller & Suspense for January, 2014
- Heartbroken was chosen by New York Daily News, Publishers Weekly Editors and Suspense Magazine as a best new book in 2012.
- Darkness, My Old Friend was a top book pick from both Family Circle Magazine and Washington Life Magazine.
- Fragile was chosen by ABC's Good Morning America as a top book pick for great summer reads and selected as a Hot Book by Harper's Bazaar. Target named Lisa Unger an "Emerging Author".
- Die for You was named a top book for summer on the Today show and Good Morning America. It was also chosen as a top book pick by Parade Magazine and Good Housekeeping Magazine.
- Black Out was selected as a Today show "Top 10" Summer Read, a BookSense Notable, won the Silver Medal for popular fiction in the 2008 Florida Book Awards and was a finalist in the 2009 Prix Polar International award.
- Sliver of Truth was a BookSense pick and Literary Guild & Doubleday Book Club Main Selection
- Beautiful Lies was selected as a Doubleday bookclub International Book of the Month. It was also chosen in 21st place in the top 50 "Best Books of 2006" by the editors of Amazon.com, a BookSense pick and a finalist in the International Thriller Writers Organization "Best Novel" Award in 2007.
Go to top of page