VJ Books Presents Author Stephen Dobyns!
Stephen Dobyns was born February 19, 1941 and is an American poet, novelist, and teacher. He is the author of more than forty novels and poetry collections.
Among his many honors are a Melville Cane Award, Pushcart Prizes, a 1983 National Poetry Series selection for Black Dog, Red Dog: Poems, and three National Endowment for the Arts fellowships. His novels have been translated into twenty languages, and his poetry has appeared in the Best American Poetry anthology.
Dobyns, who has taught at the University of Iowa, Boston University, Syracuse University, and Sarah Lawrence College, teaches creative writing in the master of fine arts program at Warren Wilson College.
Dobyns currently lives in Westerly, RI.
Stephen Dobyns Selected Bibliography
Charlie Bradshaw Series
Saratoga Longshot - 1976
- Saratoga Swimmer - 1981
- Saratoga Headhunter - 1985
- Saratoga Snapper - 1986
- Saratoga Bestiary - 1988
- Saratoga Hexameter - 1990
- Saratoga Haunting - 1993
- Saratoga Backtalk - 1994
- Saratoga Fleshpot - 1995
- Saratoga Strongbox - 1998
- Saratoga Payback - March 2017
- A Man of Little Evils - 1973
- Dancer With One Leg - 1983
- Cold Dog Soup - 1985
- A Boat Off the Coast - 1987
- The Two Deaths of Senora Puccini - 1988
- The House on Alexandrine - 1990
- After Shocks/Near Escapes - 1991
- The Wrestler's Cruel Study - 1993
- The Church of Dead Girls - 1997
- Boy in the Water - 1999
- Eating Naked [SS] - 2000
- The Burn Palace - 2013
- Is Fat Bob Dead Yet? - 2015
- Best Words, Best Order: Essays on Poetry - 1996
- Next Word, Better Word: The Craft of Writing Poetry - 2011
Stephen Dobyns Awards
- Melville Cane Award
- Pushcart Prizes
- 1983 National Poetry Series selection for Black Dog, Red Dog: Poems
Go to top of page