VJ Books Presents Author Cara Black!
Cara Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of 18 books in the Private Investigator Aimée Leduc series, which is set in Paris. Black has received multiple nominations for the Anthony and Macavity Awards, a Washington Post Book World Book of the Year citation, the Mdaille de la Ville de Paris - the Paris City Medal, which is awarded in recognition of contribution to international culture - and invitations to be the Guest of Honor at conferences such as the Paris Polar Crime Festival and Left Coast Crime. With more than 400,000 books in print, the Aimée Leduc series has been translated into German, Norwegian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, and Hebrew.
Black was born in Chicago but has lived in California's Bay Area since she was five years old.
Her love of all things French was kindled by the French-speaking nuns at her Catholic high school, where Cara first encountered French literature and went crazy for the work of Prix Goncourt winner Romain Gary. Her junior year in high school, she wrote him a fan letter, which he answered, and which inspired her to make her first trip to Paris, where her idol took her out for coffee and a cigar. Since then, she has been to Paris many, many times. On each visit she entrenches herself in a different part of the city, learning its secret history.
Cara Black Bibliography
Aimée Leduc Series
- Murder in the Marais - 1998
- Murder in Belleville - 2000
- Murder in the Sentier - 2002
- Murder in the Bastille - 2003
- Murder in Clichy - 2004
- Murder in Montmartre - 2005
- Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis - 2007
- Murder in the Rue de Paradis - 2008
- Murder in the Latin Quarter - 2009
- Murder in the Palais Royal - 2010
- Murder in Passy - 2011
- Murder at the Lanterne Rouge - 2011
- Murder below Montparnasse - 2013
- Murder in Pigalle - 2014
- Murder on the Champ de Mars - 2015
- Murder on the Quai - 2016
- Murder in Saint-Germain - June 2017
- Murder on the Left Bank - June 2018
- Murder in Bel-Air - June 2019
Go to top of page