VJ Books Presents Author Kate Atkinson!
Kate Atkinson is the internationally bestselling author of ten novels including her latest release, A God in the Ruins. She was born in York and now lives in Edinburgh, Scotland. Her first novel, Behind the Scenes at the Museum, won the Whitbread Book of the Year Award and has been a critically acclaimed international bestselling author ever since.
She is the author of a collection of short stories, Not the End of the World, and of the critically acclaimed novels Human Croquet, Emotionally Weird, Case Histories, and One Good Turn.
Case Histories introduced her readers to Jackson Brodie, former police inspector turned private investigator, and won the Saltire Book of the Year Award and the Prix Westminster.
When Will There Be Good News? was voted Richard & Judy Book Best Read of the Year. After Case Histories and One Good Turn, it was her third novel to feature the former private detective Jackson Brodie, who makes a welcome return in Started Early, Took My Dog.
Kate was appointed MBE in the Queen's 2011 Birthday Honours for services to literature.
Kate Atkinson Bibliography
Jackson Brodie Series
- Case Histories - 2004
- One Good Turn - 2006
- When Will There Be Good News - 2008
- Started Early, Took My Dog - 2011
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum - 1995
- Human Croquet - 1997
- Emotionally Weird - 1999
- Life After Life - 2013
- A God in Ruins - 2015
- Transcription - September 2018
- Not the End of the World (2002)
- Crimespotting (2009) (with Lin Anderson, Margaret Atwood, Christopher Brookmyre, John Burnside, Isla Dewar, A L Kennedy, Denise Mina, Ian Rankin and James Robertson)
- Ox-Tales: Earth (2009) (with Jonathan Buckley, Jonathan Coe, Hanif Kureishi, Marti Leimbach, Marina Lewycka, Ian Rankin, Vikram Seth, Nicholas Shakespeare and Rose Tremain)
Kate Atkinson Awards
- Appointed MBE in the 2011 Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Winner of the (Whitbread) Costa Book of the Year
Life After Life - Winner of the Costa Novel Award
Go to top of page