VJ Books Presents Tasha Gutting Grant (aka Tasha Alexander)!
Tasha Alexander was born and raised in South Bend, Indiana to Anastasia (Friel) and Gary Gutting, two philosophy professors, and grew up surrounded by books. She was never without a book in hand and loved reading, history being her favorite subject. She studied English Literature and Medieval History at the University of Notre Dame. In 2002, while living in New Haven, Connecticut, she started work on her first novel, after being inspired by a passage in Dorothy L. Sayers's Gaudy Night. Carolyn Marino at William Morrow acquired the book, And Only to Deceive, which was published in 2005 as the first installment of the Lady Emily series. Following a move to Franklin, Tennessee, where Alexander wrote her second novel in a local Starbucks, she eventually relocated to Chicago, where she married British novelist Andrew Grant (brother of bestselling author Lee Child) in 2010.
They new divide their time between Chicago and Wyoming.
Tasha Alexander Bibliography
Lady Emily Series
And Only to Deceive - 2005
- A Poisoned Season - 2007
- A Fatal Waltz - 2008
- Tears of Pearl - 2009
- Dangerous to Know - 2010
- A Crimson Warning - 2011
- Death in the Floating City - 2012
- Behind the Shattered Glass - 2013
- The Counterfeit Heiress - 2014
- The Adventuress: A Lady Emily Mystery - 2015
- "That Silent Night: A Lady Emily Christmas Story" - 2015 (e-short story)
- A Terrible Beauty - 2016
- Death in St. Petersburg - October 2017
- Uneasy Lies the Crown - 2018
- In the Shadow of Vesuvius - January 2020
- The Dark Heart of Florence - 2021
- Elizabeth: The Golden Age - 2007
Go to top of page