VJ Books Presents Author Christopher Fowler!
Christopher Fowler is the award-winning author of many novels and short story collections, and the Bryant & May mystery novels, which record the adventures of two Golden Age detectives investigating impossible London crimes.
The latest installment of the Bryan & May series, London Bridge is Falling Down, finds the brilliant duo of Arthur Bryant and John May as they uncover a nefarious plot behind the seemingly innocuous death of an old lady—and when the case leads them to London Bridge, it all comes down on the Peculiar Crimes Unit. With the help of some of their more certifiable informants, the detectives follow the strangest of clues in an investigation that will lead them through forgotten alleyways to the city’s oldest bridge in search of a desperate killer.
But just when the case appears to be solved, they discover that the victim, Mrs. Hoffman, was smarter than anyone imagined. There’s a bigger game afoot that could have terrible consequences.
Fowler is a five-time British Fantasy Award-winner. His first thriller was the bestseller 'Roofworld'. Subsequent novels include 'Spanky', 'Disturbia', 'Psychoville' and 'Calabash'. His books have been optioned by everyone from Guillermo Del Toro ('Spanky') to Jude Law ('Psychoville').
He has been nominated for many national book awards and is the winner of the Edge Hill prize for ‘Old Devil Moon’, the Last Laugh prize (twice) for ‘The Victoria Vanishes’ and ‘The Burning Man’, the Green Carnation Award for ‘Paperboy’, the E-Dunnit Award for ‘Bryant & May and the Invisible Code’ and the CWA 2015 Dagger In The Library for his body of work.
His short stories have appeared in Best British Mysteries, The Time Out Book Of London Stories, The New English Book Of Internet Stories, Dark Terrors, London Noir, Neon Lit, Cinema Macabre, Inferno, Gutshot, Zombie Apocalypse 1 & 2 and many others. His award-winning memoirs 'Paperboy' and 'Film Freak' have been published to critical acclaim.
Fowler was born in Greenwich, London. He attended Colfes, the Royal Leathersellers Guild School, and after joined J Walter Thompson as a copywriter. At the age of 26 he founded The Creative Partnership, a company that changed the face of UK and international film marketing, and spent many years working in film, creating movie posters, trailers and documentaries.
He currently lives in London.
You can find a signed copy of London Bridge is Falling Down and a collection of other Christopher Fowler signed books below.
Christopher Fowler Bibliography
Bryant & May Series
- Full Dark House - 2004
- The Water Room - 2004
- Seventy-Seven Clocks - 2005
- Ten Second Staircase - 2006
- White Corridor - 2007
- The Victoria Vanishes - 2008
- Bryant & May On The Loose - 2009
- Bryant & May Off the Rails - 2010
- Bryant and May and the Memory of Blood - 2011
- Bryant & May and the Invisible Code - 2012
- Bryant & May and the Bleeding Heart - 2014
- Bryant & May and the Burning Man - 2015
- Bryant & May: Hall of Mirrors - 2018
- Bryant & May: The Lonely Hour - December 2019
- Bryant & May: London Bridge Is Falling Down - December 2021
- How to Impersonate Famous People - 1984
- The Ultimate Party Book - 1985
- City Jitters - 1986
- City Jitters 2
- Roofworld - 1988
- The Bureau of Lost Souls (US: More City Jitters) - 1989
- Rune - 1990
- Red Bride - 1992
- Sharper Knives - 1992
- Darkest Day - 1993
- Spanky - 1994
- Flesh Wounds - 1995
- Psychoville - 1995
- Menz Insana (graphic novel) - 1997
- Disturbia - 1998
- Soho Black - 1998
- Personal Demons - 1998
- Uncut - 1999
- Calabash - 2000
- The Devil in Me - 2004
- Demonized - 2004
- Breathe - 2004
- Old Devil Moon - 2007
- Paperboy (autobiography) - 2009
- Hell Train - 2012
- Film Freak (autobiography) - 2013
- Plastic - 2013
- Invisible Code: A Peculiar Crimes Unit Mystery - 2013
Christopher Fowler Awards
Edge Hill prize for "Old Devil Moon"
- Last Laugh Prize for "The Victoria Vanishes"
- Green Carnation Award for "Paperboy"
- E-Dunnit Award for "Bryant & May and the Invisible Code"
Go to top of page