VJ Books Presents Author Christopher Fowler!
Christopher Fowler is the award-winning author of over thirty novels and twelve short story collections, and the Bryant & May mystery novels, which record the adventures of two Golden Age detectives investigating impossible London crimes.
Christopher was born in Greenwich, London. He attended Colfes, the Royal Leathersellers Guild School, and after joined J Walter Thompson as a copywriter. At the age of 26 he founded The Creative Partnership, a company that changed the face of UK and international film marketing, and spent many years working in film, creating movie posters, trailers and documentaries.
He is a five-time British Fantasy Award-winner. His first thriller was the bestseller 'Roofworld'. Subsequent novels include 'Spanky', 'Disturbia', 'Psychoville' and 'Calabash'. His books have been optioned by everyone from Guillermo Del Toro ('Spanky') to Jude Law ('Psychoville').
His short stories have appeared in Best British Mysteries, The Time Out Book Of London Stories, The New English Book Of Internet Stories, Dark Terrors, London Noir, Neon Lit, Cinema Macabre, Inferno, Gutshot, Zombie Apocalypse 1 & 2 and many others. His award-winning memoirs 'Paperboy' and 'Film Freak' have been published to critical acclaim.
He lives in London.
Christopher Fowler Bibliography
Bryant & May Series
- Full Dark House - 2004
- The Water Room - 2004
- Seventy-Seven Clocks - 2005
- Ten Second Staircase - 2006
- White Corridor - 2007
- The Victoria Vanishes - 2008
- Bryant & May On The Loose - 2009
- Bryant & May Off the Rails - 2010
- Bryant and May and the Memory of Blood - 2011
- Bryant & May and the Invisible Code - 2012
- Bryant & May and the Bleeding Heart - 2014
- Bryant & May and the Burning Man - 2015
- Bryant & May: Hall of Mirrors - 2018
- How to Impersonate Famous People - 1984
- The Ultimate Party Book - 1985
- City Jitters - 1986
- City Jitters 2
- Roofworld - 1988
- The Bureau of Lost Souls (US: More City Jitters) - 1989
- Rune - 1990
- Red Bride - 1992
- Sharper Knives - 1992
- Darkest Day - 1993
- Spanky - 1994
- Flesh Wounds - 1995
- Psychoville - 1995
- Menz Insana (graphic novel) - 1997
- Disturbia - 1998
- Soho Black - 1998
- Personal Demons - 1998
- Uncut - 1999
- Calabash - 2000
- The Devil in Me - 2004
- Demonized - 2004
- Breathe - 2004
- Old Devil Moon - 2007
- Paperboy (autobiography) - 2009
- Hell Train - 2012
- Film Freak (autobiography) - 2013
- Plastic - 2013
- Invisible Code: A Peculiar Crimes Unit Mystery - 2013
Christopher Fowler Awards
Edge Hill prize for "Old Devil Moon"
- Last Laugh Prize for "The Victoria Vanishes"
- Green Carnation Award for "Paperboy"
- E-Dunnit Award for "Bryant & May and the Invisible Code"
Go to top of page