VJ Books Presents Author Jodi Picoult!
Jodi Picoult is the bestselling author of twenty-three novels. Her last eight novels have debuted at number one on the New York Times bestseller list.
Picoult studied creative writing with Mary Morris at Princeton, and had two short stories published in Seventeen magazine while still a student. Before entering Harvard to pursue a master's ini education, whe worked a series of different jobs such as technical writer for a Wall Street brokerage firm, as a copywriter at an ad agency, as an editor at a textbook publisher, and as an 8th grade English. She wrote her first novel, Songs of the Humpback Whale, while she was pregnant with her first child.
She wrote five issues of the Wonder Woman comic book series for DC Comics. Her books are translated into thirty four languages in thirty five countries. Four of her novels have been made into television movies.
Picoult received an honorary Doctor of Letters degree from Dartmouth College in 2010 and another from the University of New Haven in 2012. Jodi serves on the advisory board of VIDA: Women in Literary Arts, a research-driven organization whose goal is to increase critical attention to contemporary women's writing and to foster transparency around gender and racial equality issues in contemporary literary culture. She is part of the Writer's Council for the National Writing Project and is a spokesperson for Positive Tracks/Children's Hospital at Dartmouth.
She and her husband Tim and their three children live in Hanover, New Hampshire..
Jodi Picoult Bibliography
Songs of the Humpback Whale - 1992
- Harvesting the Heart - 1993
- Picture Perfect - 1995
- Mercy - 1996
- The Pact - 1998
- Keeping Faith - 1999
- Plain Truth - 2000
- Salem Falls - 2001
- Perfect Match - 2002
- Second Glance - 2003
- My Sister's Keeper - 2004
- Vanishing Acts - 2005
- The Tenth Circle - 2006
- Nineteen Minutes - 2007
- Change of Heart - 2008
- Handle with Care - 2009
- House Rules - 2010
- Leaving Home: Short Pieces - 2011
- Sing You Home - 2011
- Lone Wolf - 2012
- The Storyteller - 2013
- Leaving Time - 2014
- Small Great Things - 2016
Jodi Picoult Awards
- New England Bookseller Award for Fiction - 2003
- Alex Award from the Young Adult Library Services Association
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Mainstream Fiction from the Romance Writers of America
- Vermont Green Mountain Book Award
- NH Granite State Book Award
- Virginia Readerís Choice Award
- Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Award
- New Hampshire Literary Award for Outstanding Literary Merit - 2013-14
Go to top of page