VJ Books Presents Author John Connolly!
John Connolly is the internationally bestselling author of over 30 books, including the Charlie Parker novels, The Book of Lost Things, The Samuel Johnson Adventures and more.
His first novel, Every Dead Thing, published in 1999, introduced the world to private eye and former policeman Charlie Parker. Since then, Charlie’s story has developed over the course of almost 20 volumes, the most recent installment being The Nameless Ones. Charlie Parker returns with this heart-pounding race to hunt down the deadliest of war criminals. With Connolly’s trademark “dark, haunting, and beautifully told” (Booklist) prose and breathless twists and turns, The Nameless Ones is a gripping thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
In addition to the Charlie Parker series, Connolly has produced numerous other novels and short stories. Among those is Bad Men, his first stand-alone novel and Nocturnes, a collection of novellas and short stories. In 2009 he also published his first young adult novel, The Gates which began The Samuel Johnson Books. The Chronicles of the Invaders, a series for teenage readers that he co-wrote with his partner, and fellow journalist, Jennifer Ridyard, was published in 2013.
Connolly's novels have been nominated for numerous awards, and even narrowing it down to just his wins leaves, impressively, an Edgar, a Shamus, an Anthony, an Agatha, and a Barry award, for various works.
He was born in Dublin, Ireland in 1968. He earned a BA in English from Trinity College, Dublin and then an MA in Journalism from Dublin City University. He has worked a variety of jobs from bartender to government official, and in the years following his graduation he wrote freelance for The Irish Times. Although he still sometimes contributes to The Irish Times, he is now a full-time novelist.
Connolly still lives in Dublin, but he now spends a great deal of his time in Portland, Maine. He makes regular donations to the wine industry and keeps a number of dogs in a remarkable degree of comfort.
You can find a signed copy of The Nameless Ones and a collection of other John Connolly signed books below.
John Connolly Bibliography
Charlie Parker Series
Every Dead Thing - 1999
- Dark Hollow - 2000
- The Killing Kind - 2001
- The White Road - 2002
- The Black Angel - 2005
- The Unquiet - 2007
- The Reapers - 2008
- The Lovers - 2009
- The Whisperers - 2010
- The Burning Soul - 2011
- The Wrath of Angels - 2012
- The Wolf in Winter - 2014
- A Song of Shadows - 2015
- A Time of Torment - 2016
- A Game of Ghosts - 2017
- The Woman in the Woods - June 2018
- A Book of Bones - October 2019
- The Dirty South - October 2020
- The Nameless Ones - UK July 2021, US October 2021
Chronicles of the Invaders Series (with Jennifer Ridyard)
- Conquest - 2014
- Empire - 2015
- Dominion - 2016
Samuel Johnson Series
- The Gates - 2009
- The Infernals - 2011
- The Creeps - 2013
- Bad Men - 2003
- Nocturnes - 2004 (short story collection)
- The Book of Lost Things - 2006
- Books to Die For - 2012 (non-fiction, with Declan Burke)
- Night Music: Nocturnes Vol. 2 - 2015 (short story collection)
- The Book of Lost Things: 10th Anniversary Edition - 2016
- He - May 2018
John Connolly Awards
- Winner: 2000 Shamus Award (Best First P.I. Novel), for Every Dead Thing
- Winner: 2003 Barry Award (Best British Crime Novel), for The White Road
- Winner: 2012 Agatha Award (Best Nonfiction), with Declan Burke, for Books to Die For
- Winner: 2013 Anthony Award (Best Critical Nonfiction Work), with Declan Burke, for Books to Die For
- Winner: 2014 Edgar Award (Best Short Story), for The Caxton Private Lending Library and Book Depository, Bibliomysteries
Go to top of page