VJ Books Presents Author Martin Limon!
Martin Limón was born in 1948 and grew up in Los Angeles, California. He enlisted in the army at age 17 and served for 20 years. He spent a decade posted in Korea, and found the dichotomy between Korean culture and American GI culture captivating. He took this as inspiration and began writing in his free time, even while still on active duty.
Limón sold his short stories to magazines and started working on a novel. His debut novel, Jade Lady Burning (1992), had the distinction of being picked as a Notable Book of the Year by the New York Times. Over the course of the next 15 years, he wrote a dozen more books in the same series. In addition to his novels, a collection of his short stories has been assembled and published by Soho Crime under the title Nightmare Range (2013).
Limón now lives in Washington State.
Martin Limón Bibliography
Sueno and Bascom Series
Jade Lady Burning - 1992
- Slicky Boys - 1997
- Buddha's Money - 1998
- Door to Bitterness - 2005
- Wandering Ghost - 2007
- G.I. Bones - 2009
- Mr. Kill - 2011
- The Joy Brigade - 2012
- The Iron Sickle - 2014
- The Ville Rat - 2015
- Ping Pong Heart - 2016
- The Nine-Tailed Fox - 2017
- The Line - October 2018
Sueno and Bascom Short Stories
- Nightmare Range: The Collected Sueno and Bascom Short Stories - 2013
- Tales from the East Riding - 2006
- More Tales from the East Riding - 2008
- The Villages of East Yorkshire - 2010
- East Yorkshire Village Visits - 2013
Martin Limon Awards
- 1992 New York Times Notable Book of the Year for Jade Lady Burning
Go to top of page