VJ Books Presents Peter Blauner!
Peter Blauner was born on October 29, 1959. He graduated from Wesleyan University in Connecticut.
He first started working in journalism and then moved on to internships with the Newark Star-Ledge and the Norwich Bulletin. After graduating from Wesleyan, he worked at New York magazine in the 1980's where he reported on crime, politics, and other forms of socially abhorrent behavior. After taking leave from the magazine, he wrote his first novel, Slow Motion Riot. In 1992, Slow Motion Riot won the Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award for best first novel. After that, Blauner started writing suspense series.
Blauner has written for television and served as a co-executive producer of Law & Order: SVU.
Peter Blauner Bibliography
Slow Motion Riot - 1991
- Casino Moon - 1994
- The Intruder - 1996
- Man of the Hour - 1999
- The Last Good Day - 2003
- Slipping into Darkness - 2006
- Proving Ground - May 2017
- "Going, Going, Gone," The Best American Mystery Stories 2007
- "The Consultant," Wall Street Noir, 2007
- "Thank God for Charlie," The Rich and The Dead, 2011
- "The Chair," Kwik Krimes, 2013
- "The Final Testament," Mysterious Press, 2013
Peter Blauner Awards
- Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award for best first novel - 1992
Go to top of page