VJ Books Presents Author Ragnar Jonasson!
Ragnar Jonasson was born in Reykjavik, Iceland. He loved reading crime fiction, even as a boy, and at the age of 17, he began working to translate Agatha Christie novels into Icelandic.
Jonasson has previously worked in radio and television, and currently works full-time as a lawyer, even as he writes his novels. He established an Icelandic branch of the UK Crime Writer's Association, and co-founded Iceland Noir, an international crime writing festival in Reykjavik. Snowblind was published in English in 2015, was selected by The Independent as on of the best crime novels in the UK that year. Its sequel Nightblind (2015) won the Mšrda Dead Good Reader Award in 2016.
Rights to the Dark Iceland series have been sold to 14 countries. TV rights to the series have been sold to production company On the Corner in the UK, producers of Academy Award winning documentary Amy.
Jonasson has appeared on festival panels worldwide, and also teaches copyright law at Reykjavik University. He lives in Reykjavik.
Ragnar Jonasson Bibliography
Dark Iceland Series
- Snowblind - 2015 UK Edition; 2017 US Edition
- Nightblind - 2015 UK Edition; 2017 US Edition
- Blackout - 2016 UK Edition; 2018 US Edition
- Rupture - 2017 UK Edition; 2019 US Edition
- Breathless - 2017 UK Edition
- Winterkill - 2020
- Dimma ("The Darkness") - 2015 Iceland Edition; 2018 UK Edition; October 2018 US Edition
- Drungi ("The Island") - 2016 Iceland Edition; May 2019 US Edition
- The Mist - November 2020 UK, June 2020 US
- The Girl Who Died - May 2021 US Edition; June 2021 UK Edition
- Outside - 2022 (UK 2021)
Go to top of page