VJ Books Presents Author Ralph Peters!
Ralph Peters was born in Pottsville, Pennsylvania in 1952. He is a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and author. Peters is perhaps best known in the media for his appearances on Fox News.
His first novel was Bravo Romeo, a spy thriller set in West Germany, published in 1981. Since then, his novels progressed from futuristic scenarios involving the Red Army to contemporary terrorism and failed state issues.
In addition to his non-fiction books, he has published eight novels under the pen name Owen Parry of which Honor's Kingdom received the Hammett Prize. Three of his novels published as Ralph Peters received the W.Y. Boyd Literary Award for Excellence in Military Fiction.
In 2013, Peters was named as the recipient of the W.Y. Boyd Literary Award for Excellence in Military Fiction from the American Library Association for his novel Cain at Gettysburg. He received the award again in 2014 for Hell or Richmond and in 2016 for Valley of the Shadow.
He has also received the Hammett Prize from the International Association of Crime Writers, North American Branch (IACW/NA) for Honor's Kingdom..
Ralph Peters Bibliography
As Ralph Peters
Bravo Romeo – 1981
- Red Army – 1989
- The War in 2020 – 1991
- Flames of Heaven: A Novel of the End of the Soviet Union – 1994
- The Perfect Soldier – 1995
- The Devil's Garden – 1998
- Twilight of Heroes – 1999
- Traitor – 1999
- The War After Armageddon – 2009
- The Officers' Club – 2011
- Cain at Gettysburg – 2012
- Hell or Richmond – 2013
- Valley of the Shadow - 2015
- The Damned of Petersburg - 2016
- Judgment at Appomattox - August 2017
- Darkness at Chancellorsville - May 2019
As Owen Parry
- Faded Coat of Blue – 1999
- Shadows of Glory – 2000
- Call Each River Jordan – 2001
- Honor's Kingdom – 2002
- The Bold Sons of Erin – 2003
- Our Simple Gifts: Civil War Christmas Tales – 2004
- Strike the Harp! : American Christmas Stories – 2004
- The Rebels of Babylon: a Novel – 2005
- Fighting for the Future: Will America Triumph? – 1999
- Beyond Terror: Strategy in a Changing World – 2002
- Beyond Baghdad: Postmodern War and Peace – 2003
- New Glory: Expanding America's Global Supremacy – 2005
- Never Quit the Fight – 2006
- Wars of Blood and Faith: The Conflicts That Will Shape the 21st Century – 2007
- Looking For Trouble: Adventures in a Broken World – 2008
- Endless War – 2010
- Lines of Fire: A Renegade Writes on Strategy, Intelligence, and Security – 2011
Ralph Peters Awards
- In 2013, Peters was named as the recipient of the W.Y. Boyd Literary Award for Excellence in Military Fiction from the American Library Association for his novel Cain at Gettysburg. He received the award again in 2014 for Hell or Richmond.
Go to top of page