VJ Books Presents Author Walter Mosley!
Walter Mosley is one of the most versatile and admired writers in America today. He is the author of more than 43 critically acclaimed books, including the major bestselling mystery series featuring Easy Rawlins.
His work has been translated into 23 languages and includes literary fiction, science fiction, political monographs, and a young adult novel. His short fiction has been widely published, and his nonfiction has appeared in The New York Times Magazine and The Nation, among other publications.
He is the winner of numerous awards, including an O. Henry Award, a Grammy and PEN America's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mosley lives in New York City.
Walter Mosley Bibliography
Easy Rawlins Series
Devil in a Blue Dress - 1990
- A Red Death - 1991
- White Butterfly - 1992
- Black Betty - 1994
- A Little Yellow Dog - 1995
- Gone Fishin' - 1996
- Bad Boy Brawly Brown - 2000
- Six Easy Pieces - 2003
- Little Scarlet - 2004
- Cinnamon Kiss - 2005
- Blonde Faith - 2007
- Little Green - 2013
- Rose Gold - 2014
- Charcoal Joe - June 2016
Socrates Fortlow Series
- Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned - 1997
- Walkin' the Dog - 1999
- The Right Mistake - 2008
Fearless Jones Series
- Fearless Jones - 2001
- Fear Itself - 2003
- Fear of the Dark - 2006
Leonid McGill Series
- The Long Fall - 2009
- Known to Evil - 2010
- When the Thrill is Gone - 2011
- And Sometimes I Wonder About You - 2015
- RL's Dream - 1995
- Blue Light - 1998
- The Greatest - 2000
- Whispers in the Dark - 2000
- The Man in My Basement - 2004
- 47 - 2005
- The Wave - 2006
- Fortunate Son - 2006
- Killing Johnny Fry - 2006
- The Tempest Tales - 2008
- Diablerie - 2008
- The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey - 2010
- Merge / Disciple - 2012
- Stepping Stone / Love Machine - 2013
- Debbie Doesn't Do It Anymore - 2014
- Inside a Silver Box - 2015
- Futureland: Nine Stories of an Imminent World - 2001
- Best American Short Stories - with Katrina Kenison
- The Best American Short Stories 2003 - 2003
- The Best American Short Stories 2003
- Transgressions (co-authored with Joyce Carol Oates)
- Chasing Shadows - 2005
- Working on the Chain Gang: Shaking Off the Dead Hand of History - 1999
- What Next: A Memoir Toward World Peace - 2003
- Life Out of Context - 2006
- This Year You Write Your Novel - 2007
- Twelve Steps Toward Political Revelation - 2011
Walter Mosley Awards and Honors
- 1996 - Black Caucus of the American Library Association's Literary Award for RL's Dream
- 1996 - O. Henry Award for a Socrates Fortlow story.
- 2001 - Grammy Award for Best Album Notes for Richard Pryor's …And It's Deep Too!
- 2005 - "Risktaker Award" from the Sundance Institute for both his creative and activist efforts.
- 2006 - First recipient of the Carl Brandon Society Parallax Award for his young adult novel 47.
- 2013 - Inducted into the New York Writers Hall of Fame.
- Mosley was awarded an honorary doctorate from the City College of New York.
- Anisfield Wolf Award, for works that increase the appreciation and understanding of race in America
Go to top of page