VJ Books Presents Author Craig Johnson!
Craig Johnson is the New York Times bestselling author of the Longmire mysteries, the basis for the hit Netflix original series Longmire starring Robert Taylor, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Katee Sackoff.
His latest novel, Daughter of the Morning Star is the 17th novel in the series. It finds Absaroka County Sheriff Walt Longmire pitted against one of the most deadly adversaries he’s ever faced when Tribal Police Chief Lolo Long calls on him to protect her niece Jaya who has started receiving death threats. Long fears that she is following in the steps of her older sister, who disappeared a year previously, a victim of the scourge of missing Native Women in Indian Country.
He is the recipient of the Western Writers of America Spur Award for fiction, the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Award for fiction, the Nouvel Observateur Prix du Roman Noir, and the Prix SNCF du Polar. His novella Spirit of Steamboat was the first One Book Wyoming selection.
The success of Johnson's novels is celebrated in an annual festival, called Longmire Day, held in the small town of Buffalo, Wyoming, the real-life inspiration for the series' fictional setting. Close to 12,000 people attend the festival each year, including the author, many of the actors from the TV series, and (on occasion) the publishers and producers.
He is fortunate enough to call Tony Hillerman, Margaret Coel, James Crumley, James Lee Burke, Neil McMahon, Christopher Moore, Bill Fitzhugh, Susan Slater and Mark Spragg friends. Some of Johnson's abilities are to fall asleep at any time in any position, to memorize the titles of movies he's never seen, and he can guess the weight of any woman in viewing distance, the latter being the least popular of his talents.
Johnson lives on a ranch he built with his wife Judy in Ucross, Wyoming - population 25.
You can find a signed copy of Daughter of the Morning Star and a collection of other Craig Johnson signed books below.
Craig Johnson Bibliography
Sheriff Walt Longmire Series
The Cold Dish - 2004
- Death without Company - 2006
- Kindness Goes Unpunished - 2007
- Another Man's Moccasins - 2008
- The Dark Horse - 2009
- Junkyard Dogs - 2010
- Hell is Empty - 2011
- As the Crow Flies - 2012
- A Serpent's Tooth - 2013
- Spirit of Steamboat - 2013
- Any Other Name - 2014
- Wait for Signs - 2014
- Dry Bones - 2015
- The Highwayman - 2016
- An Obvious Fact - 2016
- The Western Star -September 2017
- Depth of Winter - September 2018
- Land of Wolves - September 2019
- Next to Last Stand - 2020
- Daughter of the Morning Star - 2021
Craig Johnson Awards
- Death Without Company - Wyoming State Historical Association's Book of the Year
- Death Without Company - France's Le Prix 813
- Another Man's Moccasins - Western Writers of America's Spur Award
- The Dark Horse - Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
- Junkyard Dogs - Watson Award for a mystery novel with the best sidekick
- Hell is Empty - Library Journal Best Mystery of the Year
Go to top of page