VJ Books Presents Author Craig Johnson!
Craig Johnson is a recipient of a Wyoming Council for the Arts Award. Johnson's background in education and law enforcement gives a unique perspective to his writing.
Johnson's first novel, The Cold Dish, was a DILYS Award Finalist, and a Booksense pick by the Independent Bookseller's Association and Killer Pick by the Independent Mystery Bookseller's of America.
Craig is fortunate enough to call Tony Hillerman, Margaret Coel, James Crumley, James Lee Burke, Neil McMahon, Christopher Moore, Bill Fitzhugh, Susan Slater and Mark Spragg friends - and they call him Craig. Some of Johnson's abilities are to fall asleep at any time in any position, to memorize the titles of movies he's never seen, and he can guess the weight of any woman in viewing distance, the later being the least popular of his talents.
Craig's second novel, Death Without Company was made one of the five finalists for the Mountains and Plains Bookseller's Association's Fiction Book of the Year, and was the Wyoming Historical Society's Fiction Book of the Year. He is still not sure if the Historical Society knows he made it all up.
Johnson runs and lifts weights in a desperate attempt to overcome his crippling addiction to Rainier beer but hopes to be a useful member of society as soon as he gets this ďwriting thing' out of his system. Craig lives in Ucross, Wyoming, population 25.
Craig Johnson Bibliography
Sheriff Walt Longmire Series
The Cold Dish - 2004
- Death without Company - 2006
- Kindness Goes Unpunished - 2007
- Another Man's Moccasins - 2008
- The Dark Horse - 2009
- Junkyard Dogs - 2010
- Hell is Empty - 2011
- As the Crow Flies - 2012
- A Serpent's Tooth - 2013
- Spirit of Steamboat - 2013
- Any Other Name - 2014
- Wait for Signs - 2014
- Dry Bones - 2015
- The Highwayman - May 2016
- An Obvious Fact - September 2016
Craig Johnson Awards
- Death Without Company - Wyoming State Historical Association's Book of the Year
- Death Without Company - France's Le Prix 813
- Another Man's Moccasins - Western Writers of America's Spur Award
- The Dark Horse - Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
- Junkyard Dogs - Watson Award for a mystery novel with the best sidekick
- Hell is Empty - Library Journal Best Mystery of the Year
Go to top of page