VJ Books Presents Author Jeffery Deaver!
Jeffery Deaver is an international number-one bestselling author of more than forty novels, three collections of short stories and a nonfiction law book. His novels have appeared on bestseller lists around the world. His books are sold in 150 countries and have been translated into over twenty-five languages.
A Maiden's Grave was made into an HBO movie starring James Garner and Marlee Matlin, and his novel The Bone Collector was a feature release from Universal Pictures, starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. His novel The Devil's Teardrop was adapted for the screen and aired on Lifetime. And, yes, the rumors are true; he did appear as a corrupt reporter on his favorite soap opera, As the World Turns.
In 2020, Deaver teamed up with Suspense Magazine to edit and contribute to the nail-biting anthology Nothing Good Happens After Midnight. He speaks about this thrilling collection consisting of thirteen original short stories representing the genres of suspense/thriller, mystery, sci-fi/fantasy, and more with Modern Signed Books podcast host Roger Nichols. You can listen to the entire podcast episode here.
In his latest novel,
Midnight Lock, Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs are brought in to investigate the murder of a woman who had reported to police her personal items in her Manhattan apartment had been rearranged while she slept. Police dismissed her complaint. Nothing was stolen, and there's no sign of breaking and entering. The pair of investigators soon learn that the murderer calls himself "the Locksmith." He is obsessed with locks, slipping into homes in the dead of night and tying his victims up with knots or locks, ultimately strangling them. They must untangle the mysteries behind the psychotic killer before he can set his ultimate trap.
Deaver has been named a Grand Master of MWA (Mystery Writers of America). His The Bodies Left Behind was named Novel of the Year by the International Thriller Writers association. The Garden of Beasts won the Steel Dagger from the Crime Writers Associated of England. He has also been nominated for eight Edgar Awards from the Mystery Writers of America, an Anthony Award and a Gumshoe Award. He was recently shortlisted for the ITV3 Crime Thriller Award for Best International Author.
A frequent public speaker on the subject of books, literacy and writing, Deaver has delivered lectures and keynote addresses at hundreds of conferences and festivals around the world, including Harrogate, Left Coast Crime, Pikes Peak Writers Conference, the Edinburgh International Book Festival, Crimefest and the Emirates Literary Festival.
Deaver was born outside Chicago and has a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a law degree from Fordham University.
Deaver's sister, Julie Reece Deaver, is also an author, focusing on young adult novels. Her titles include The Night I Disappeared and Say Goodnight, Gracie.
You can find a signed copy of Midnight Lock and a collection of other Jeffrey Deaver signed books below.
Modern Signed Books Interview:
Go to top of page
Jeffery Deaver Bibliography
Coulter Shaw Series
- The Never Game - 2019
- The Goodbye Man - 2020
- The Final Twist - May 2021
Manhattan Is My Beat - 1988
- Death of a Blue Movie Star - 1990
- Hard News - 1991
John Pellam (Location Scout Series)
- Shallow Graves - 1992
- Bloody River Blues - 1993
- Hell's Kitchen - 2001
Lincoln Rhyme Series
- The Bone Collector - 1997
- The Coffin Dancer - 1998
- The Empty Chair - 2000
- The Stone Monkey - 2002
- The Vanished Man - 2003
- The Twelfth Card - 2005
- The Cold Moon - 2006 (includes a brief appearance by Kathryn Dance)
- The Broken Window - 2008
- The Burning Wire - 2010
- The Kill Room - 2013
- The Skin Collector - 2014
- Steel Kiss - 2016
- The Burial Hour - 2017
- The Cutting Edge - 2018
- The Midnight Lock - 2021
Kathryn Dance Series
- The Sleeping Doll - 2007
- Roadside Crosses - 2009
- XO - 2012 (includes a brief appearance by Lincoln Rhyme)
- Solitude Creek - 2015
- Twisted - 2003
- More Twisted - 2006
- Triple Threat - 2013 (eBook only)
- Trouble in Mind - 2014
- Mistress of Justice - 1992
- The Lesson of Her Death - 1993
- Praying for Sleep - 1994
- A Maiden's Grave - 1995
- The Devil's Teardrop - 1999 (Includes a scene with Lincoln Rhyme)
- Speaking In Tongues - 2000
- The Blue Nowhere - 2001
- Garden of Beasts - 2004
- The Bodies Left Behind - 2008
- Edge - 2010
- The October List - 2013
- Wobble to Death - 2020 (with Peter Lovesey)
Jeffery Deaver Awards
- The Bodies Left Behind - Novel of the Year by the International Thriller Writers Association
- The Cold Moon - Book of the Year by the Mystery Writers Association of Japan and the won the Grand Prix award from the Japanese Adventure Fiction Association
- Carte Blache - Grand Prix award from the Japanese Adventure Fiction Association
- Steel Dagger and the Short Story Dagger from the British Crime Writers’ Association and the Nero Wolfe Award
- Three-time recipient of the Ellery Queen Readers Award for Best Short Story of the Year
Go to top of page