VJ Books Presents Author Stuart MacBride!
Stuart MacBride was born in Dumbarton, Scotland and raised in Aberdeen. He is a Scottish writer most famous for his crime thrillers set in the "Granite City" of Aberdeen and featuring Detective Sergeant Logan McRae.
MacBride studied architecture at Herriot Watt in Edinburgh. He has worked as a graphic designer, a professional actor, an undertaker, a marketing company's studio manager, a web designer, programmer, technical lead and later becoming a project manager for a huge IT conglomerate.
While working in IT, he wrote a book about an Aberdonian detective sergeant and his dysfunctional colleagues: Cold Granite. The book was published by HarperCollins and he has been writing ever since.
MacBride currently lives in Aberdeen.
Stuart MacBride Bibliography
Logan McRae Novels
- Cold Granite - 2005
- Dying Light - 2006
- Broken Skin (published in America as Bloodshoot) - 2007
- Flesh House - 2008
- Blind Eye - 2009
- Dark Blood - 2010
- Shatter the Bones - 2011
- Close to the Bone - 2013
- The Missing and the Dead - 2015
- In the Cold Ground - 2016
Stand Alone Novels
- A Dark So Deadly - 2017
- Now We Are Dead - 2018
Logan and Steel Short Stories
- Partners in Crime (Two Logan and Steel short stories: Bad Heir Day and Stramash) (eBook) - 2012
- The 45% Hangover (novella) - 2014
- 22 Dead Little Bodies (short novel) - 2015
Ash Henderson Novels
- Birthdays for the Dead - 2012
- A Song for the Dying - 2014
- Sawbones - 2008
- Halfhead - 2009
- Twelve Days of Winter (E-Book; released in print in 2012) - 2011
Stuart MacBride Awards
- Barry Award for Best First Novel, 2006 (for Cold Granite)
- CWA Dagger in the Library Award, 2007
- ITV3 Crime Thriller Award for Breakthrough Author of the Year, 2008 (for Broken Skin)
Go to top of page